Music


Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Heltons Go to Firestone

The days finally wound down to last night's concert. Cari and I headed to Club Firestone after I got off from work. At first I was surprised that my wife even wanted to accompany me to this shindig, but I am so glad she did.

We didn't know what to expect when we got there but we quickly made our way around the club, checking out the local "cause" of the local charity, tee-shirts, and finally the upstairs hangout where we stayed the entire concert.

The first band we thought was going to play was Meg and Dia, but for unknown reasons they didn't show. So, the concert kicked off with Jonezetta and they were great!

Their music has a neat sound, like there's a keyboard but no keyboardist. I figured they were playing over a track, but it was a sweet way to start the show, anyway.

Then, after a quick start, they were done and it was on to Bayside. It was so cool that Cari mentioned she really liked them, because if you know Cari, she hardly mentions liking music at all. :) When this band went on, the mosh pit started going, and Cari started giggling. Cute stuff.





Finally, the reason I even got up yesterday morning, ANBERLIN took the stage!!! They tore up the stage with all five members going crazy. Stephen Christian was all over the place; even in the crowd. People practically idolized him as he stuck out his hand to grasp the crowd members' hands.

They played nearly all their good songs, even my two favorite songs from their new album, "Cities." I couldn't get over how great a night it was with my favorite girl and band. It truly was one of the best nights this year! Sorry you couldn't go, AJ, but we thought of you...at least most of the time! :)





All pictures are from to Purevolume.com.

No comments: